I believe in wellbeing for all. That means managing both population health and vulnerable groups that need special care. I focus on planning and implementing policies and programs that aim to improve the public's health.
Health Care Quality
I work to empower providers and staff at all levels of an organization to identify areas of improvement and work collaboratively to make sustainable change.
I am available for quality improvement consulting, including project management and change management.
- Los Angeles Practice Transformation Network: Quality and performance improvement coaching for LA County Department of Mental Health directly-operated clinics in the San Fernando and Antelope Valleys. I am helping clinics to prepare for the implementation of value-based payment models by creating tools to build staff QI capacity, support the development of QI leaders, and build a culture of QI throughout the organization. Funded by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Past projects include:
- Maternal Mental Health NOW: A quality improvement project intended to increase the screening, treatment, and outcomes of low-income women suffering from perinatal mood or anxiety disorders. Funded by the California Health Care Foundation.
- Blue Shield of California:
- Process improvement design for communicating covered benefits to transgender health plan members.
- Process improvement pilot testing communication platforms to improve care integration between network behavioral health and medical providers.
- Washington University in St. Louis: Managed multiple concurrent Phase I and II clinical trials at Siteman Cancer Center.
I am passionate about making the world a healthier place for all, focusing on planning and implementing programs with a focus on health improvement.
I offer consultation and collaboration on subject matter research, program development, implementation and evaluation planning.
Past projects include:
- Urban Strategies, Inc:
- A peer-led health education program adapting federal heart health programming for a multi-ethnic public housing population.
- A peer-run youth employment program that dramatically increased rates of employment and educational attainment for participants
Formal Education & Additional Training
- Bachelor of Science, Neuroscience (Brandeis University)
- Master of Arts, Neuroscience (Washington University)
- Master of Social Work / Master of Public Health: Social and Economic Determinants of Health (Washington University)
- LEAN for Healthcare (UCLA)
- Trauma Awareness (Center for Youth Wellness, National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children)
- Motivational Interviewing (Didi Hersch)
Publication list available by request.