I am deeply committed to ensuring the accessibility of yoga as a healing practice for all communities. All bodies are welcomed into my classes, regardless of gender identity, body shape, ability, or race. I am constantly learning and I value feedback from my students.
My teaching style is an alignment-centered slow flow. I enjoy exploring poses with longer holds and the different pathways we can take to achieve an asana. As a someone with tight hamstrings, I appreciate and make ample use of props in class: the poses should fit your body.
I am available for group and individual sessions and can travel to your home in Los Angeles.
take a Group class
Monday and Wednesday:
- 6pm Safe Harbor FLOW @ The Yoga Harbor Torrance
2nd Sunday of the month:
- 4:30pm Beginners Workshop @ The Yoga Harbor Torrance
Please see the calendar for special ends and workshops.
Yoga found me some time in the 2000s. I had dropped out of a PhD program in neuroscience and was working part-time at a record store and a biology lab. I had a vague idea that yoga might be good for stress and stumbled upon an 8-week introductory series at the Center of Creative Arts in St. Louis. Struck by the racial equity gap in St. Louis City, I went back to graduate school to study social work and public health, continuing my exploration of yoga at Solar Yoga Center.
In San Francisco, experiencing PTSD and depression after sexual assault, I began practicing at Yoga to the People, where yoga became the life-sustaining practice that it is for me today. I enrolled in Yoga Tree's 200-hour certification program in 2014, where I trained with Kerri Kelly, Jason Crandell, Sean Haleen, and Rebecca Rogers and taught at community spaces. In 2016 I became part of the Yoga Punx teaching collective. I now teach classes in Los Angeles, with a portion of class donations going to organizations working to build a healthier world.
Experience & Training
- 200-hour certified yoga teacher through Yoga Tree, San Francisco
- Yoga For All 25-hour Training with Dianne Bondy
- Connection Coalition 15-hour Trauma-Sensitive Outreach Training with Marisol Tamez
- The Yoga Harbor READY 50-hour Training with Bethany Eanes
- The Yoga Harbor FLOW 50-hour Training with Bethany Eanes (in progress)
- Sonima Foundation health and wellness program instructor in East Palo Alto, CA
- Yoga Punx collective member