I am deeply committed to ensuring the accessibility of yoga as a healing practice for all communities. All bodies are welcomed into my classes, regardless of gender identity, body shape, ability, or race. I am constantly learning and I value feedback from my students.
My teaching style is an alignment-centered vinyasa flow. I enjoy exploring poses with longer holds and the different pathways we can take to achieve an asana. As a someone with tight hamstrings, I appreciate and make ample use of props in class: the poses should fit your body.
I am available for group and individual sessions and can travel to your home in Los Angeles.
Yoga found me some time in the 2000s. I had dropped out of a prestigious PhD program in neuroscience and was working part-time at a record store and a biology lab. I had a vague idea that yoga might be good for stress and stumbled upon an 8-week introductory series at the Center of Creative Arts in St. Louis. Struck by the racial equity gap in St. Louis City, I went back to graduate school to study social work and public health, continuing my exploration of yoga at Solar Yoga Center.
In San Francisco, experiencing PTSD and depression after rape, I began practicing at Yoga to the People, where yoga became the life-sustaining practice that it is for me today. I enrolled in Yoga Tree's 200-hour certification program in 2014, where I trained with Kerri Kelly, Jason Crandell, Sean Haleen, and Rebecca Rogers and taught at community spaces. In 2016 I became part of the Yoga Punx teaching collective. I now teach regular weekly classes and special black metal yoga classesin Los Angeles.
Experience & Training
- 200-hour certified yoga teacher through Yoga Tree, San Francisco
- Yoga For All 25-hour Training with Dianne Bondy
- Connection Coalition 15-hour Trauma-Sensitive Outreach Training with Marisol Tamez
- The Yoga Harbor READY 50-hour Training with Bethany Eanes
- The Yoga Harbor FLOW 50-hour Training with Bethany Eanes
- The Yoga Harbor teacher trainer
- Sonima Foundation health and wellness program instructor in East Palo Alto, CA
- Yoga Punx collective member